I am originally from small town Iowa and moved to Des Moines in 1999 to attain my bachelor's degree. I graduated from Drake University with a BA in both sociology and psychology and a minor in biology in 2003. I moved on to work in social work for 5 years. I am a science enthusiast at heart and love learning about the human body. Massage therapy school courses include Anatomy and Physiology, Bones and Muscles, Kinesiology, Pathology, and other essential medical courses needed to become a licensed practitioner. I enrolled for 2 years in the Body Wisdom Massage Therapy School in Urbandale, IA in the fall of 2007 and it was the best decision I have ever made. I had amazing instructors from all over the country, and met some wonderful people. Massage has become not only a rewarding profession but a true passion. Knowing you have helped even one person have less pain or stress in their life is a reward unto itself. The best part is, I love what I do and never dread going to work- how many people can say that? I have 10 years of experience as an orthopedic massage therapist, am nationally certified, and also a member of the Associated Massage and Bodywork Professionals. I am also current on all CPR training.
Outside of my massage business, I enjoy hanging out with my my husband Adam, our son, Ryker, and our two dogs, Mallory and Enzo. I love playing the piano, working out, Netflix and chilling, and I'm a HUGE bookworm!
SYNERGY MASSAGE POLICIES:
Please make sure you have read and understand the following policies before booking an appointment with me. Thanks! :)
- Appointment times are 30 mins, 60 mins, 90 mins, or 2 hours. Included in that time is a short consultation of what you would like done during your session, and undressing/dressing time. Please arrive 10 minutes early if it is your first appointment to fill out a new client intake form. Failure to do so will result in this process taking up some of your treatment time.
- My schedule and availability varies depending on the day. If I have cancellations or rescheduled appointments, it is possible to get a same day appointment, however this is not guaranteed or likely. I return all voicemails as promptly as possible and always within 24 hours. I do all my treatments personally, so I do book put very quickly. I do have an active cancelation/wait list. Call asap to get in!
- If a client is late for a session, the session still falls within the allotted time slot. The appointment will end at the time it was originally scheduled to, and the client will be expected to pay the full amount.
- All treatment times are customized to fit your needs. Clients may request certain areas to be skipped, extra time on problem areas, etc. I will do my very best to make sure all of your requests are up to your satisfaction.
- I'm located in a busy medical clinic & INAPPROPRIATE/SEXUAL REQUESTS WILL BE IGNORED AND YOU WILL BE ASKED TO LEAVE. If this occurs, the session will be immediately terminated and the client will be responsible for paying for the session in full. If necessary, Des Moines police will be contacted regarding solicitation.
Synergy Massage is located at 939 Office Park Road Ste. 104 in West Des Moines, IA. Take the 73rd St/8th St exit off Interstate 235 and go south. Turn right on Office Park Road (also a BP gas station here) and go half a block up. On the right side you will see two twin white buildings, I am in the first building. Come in the south doors and straight ahead, I am the second office suite on the left, suite 104. Hope to see you soon!